Why you should attend
THE event for local government's most senior officers
LGC Summit is the annual forum for chief executives to discuss the key challenges facing the sector. Our new look, 24 hour summit provides an unrivalled opportunity to hear from pioneers, thought leaders, decision makers and innovators as we address the challenge of how best to lead places through complex times.
The issues for discussion this year include:
- Participate in a high-level debate on how we can develop a more prosperous, cohesive and fairer future for communities
- Debate and discussion on the economic outlook and the challenges for council finance
- Ending the old and creating efficient delivery in a digital era
- How can compassion be harnessed to ensure that communities flourish
- Integrated care – a task for everyone in the council
- A safe space for discussion with peers to share difficulties and work together to solve common challenges
This is what attendees had to say about last year:
"Excellent and thought-provoking - how could you improve it? You can't! The best Summit yet!"
David Hagg, Chief Executive, Stroud DC
"Excellent calibre of speakers, open, honest discussions of the most important issues. Great audience and organisation"
Jacqui McKinlay, Chief Executive, Centre for Public Scrutiny
"A great opportunity to hear from and debate with national quality speakers on the main topic affecting public services"
Attendance is by invitation only and on a complimentary basis, including overnight accommodation.