The programme for the LGC Summit is being designed to ensure we tackle the critical issues facing councils today, with dedicated opportunities for you to participate and contribute.
The key areas which will considered in depth during the event include:
- Ensuring economic prosperity: bringing in a new era for town centres and operating collaboratively across the local economy
- Harnessing the power of engaged and empowered communities and looking at new modes of governance
- The legacy of Covid – how the NHS and social care can cope with the unmet needs within mental health and physical health
- The workforce of the future – debating the challenges of leading and motivating distanced and remote teams
- Climate change: leading the climate change and sustainability agenda within your area
- Funding and levelling up: how councils can make the most of funding opportunities to withstand financial pressures
- Performance and struggling councils: recognising when things are going wrong and what needs to be done to turn them round
- Personal resilience and wellbeing: looking inwards to ensure we have the strength and determination to keep calm and carry on
If you’re interested in speaking at the event, please contact Jenny Vyas at Jenny.Vyas@emap.com.